(The picture I used in this blog is not mine. I give credits to the owner)
This remains a big question on the part of his political rivalry and opponent up to this day.
That’s the main reason they kept fabricating stories that would lead to discrediting the President under the thought that when his supporters started to believe their political propagandists, his foundation will somehow have weakened that would result into fast processes in stepping him down from the highest political position in the country.
This is very interesting battle to overlook for in the Philippines. While the President is busy in fulfilling to what he had promised to his supporters last campaign period in 2016 presidential election, his opponents also are busy digging up tactics & strategies just to pull him down.
My personal opinion why Duterte remains to be undefeatable up to now proving that is his successive performance surveys that steadily at high and continuously going up now is because he is definitely the man that has the qualities to be what the Filipinos desired to be a leader.
The following are my grounds why Duterte was embraced by majority of Filipino voters;
- He is a lawyer. He knows the rulings of law in both national & international. His intellect most of the times, was misunderstood by many especially his detractors and critics. More often, the president loves to deliver words in a way that is figurative. You have to deeply think to understand what he was trying to implicate. Sometimes, his cracked jokes have a deepest meaning why he said it in a very public forum.
- He has what we called a “natural charisma” that most Filipinos adored for. The way he speaks & acts, really fits to the tradition and culture of Filipinos. In short, everybody can relate to what he said and acted upon. It could be in personal or in television. Further than that, there is what we called a vice versa emotional relationship between his supporters and the President himself. Just like the way when he curses, even if he did it in front of the national television or even in international audience viewing, his supporters are just behind him laughing. Why? Is that an example of rudeness tolerance and acceptance? My answer would definitely NO! For me, it’s a reality that in a current situation of the country no one can dare to just be modest and act like a saint. He curses because that’s his way to ease what he really felt like me. In other words, Filipinos can relate to the President cursing habit and even to his body gestures which is really relatable to the real situation of the country. Cursing for me is not a big problem. It definitely won’t reflect about who really you are inside. It’s a simple habit that was chosen by the doer himself and it only became bad if we listeners would stop educating young children who hears when somebody’s cursing. In other words, let’s play our rule to educate young minds. Let’s be honest to explain why someone is cursing and when we can avoid to do it on our own.
- Duterte has a word of honor. In fact, slowly he almost above half percentage accomplishing to what he had promised to the Filipinos especially on his supporters. His build build build project is above 50% completion in his three years span as President.
- He truly cares for the welfare of most Filipinos. His universal health bill is a big help to all especially to the seniors.
- His self-determination to help this country who was once became to be unsafe and sinister is indeed laudable. His war on drugs, corruption and criminality is what most Filipinos are aiming for over long decades. He is such a kind of leader that Filipinos including me are aiming for.
- Duterte gained an unprecedented “excellent” satisfaction rating three years into office. According to the Social Weather Stations’ latest survey, 81 percent of Filipinos approve of his presidency. Now that is an astonishing comeback since Duterte hit his lowest ratings in late 2018 amidst the upsurge in inflation.
The reasons I have shared are just few among the many reasons of all his supporters. I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thank you.
Follow my twitter account; jp_luhit
Instagram account: jp_luhit
FB Page: “Jaype Daily Blog”